Here is some more information to keep you updated:
· Through new guidelines we are now allowed to sign paperwork on a family's behalf through electronic permissions. For any families that are unable to do so online we are still offering our service whereby any necessary paperwork that needs to be signed will, where possible, be personally delivered to your home with limited contact.
· We have also heard from our local florists that have tirelessly been working to secure a wider range of fresh flowers, which are now able to offer with a weeks notice.
From all of the Murray's team
Important Information on funeral guidelines in relation to the coronavirus pandemic. This is an unprecedented time so please be aware the below may change on a daily basis in conjunction with the release of new government guidelines. We will do our best to keep you updated. As a long standing, responsible business in your community, we want to reassure you that our commitment to you and your loved one remains steadfast.
· Places of worship. All places of worship are now closed.
· Crematoria. Short services can take place at local crematoriums. They all have their own guidelines in place, which we will be able to discuss with you in your time of need; however it is fair to say that they are restricting numbers on average to twelve persons and social distancing is paramount. Hymn books have been removed and curtains must close around the coffin.
· Web Cast. The crematoriums are providing a web cast facility so that family and friends who cannot attend can view the funeral service.
· Burial Grounds. Also adhering to government guidelines, again numbers are restricted and social distancing essential. Clergy or celebrants are able to be in attendance, it is important to know that due to considerably reduced timing allowed in the cemetery the service content has to be kept very brief.
· Clergy and Celebrants. We work closely with our clergy and celebrants and they are still wanting to offer comfort and services within the guidelines set by the government and their relevant authorities. On request they will contact you by telephone at the time of need to discuss their role.
· Our services. We respectfully ask that you contact us in the first instance by telephone, using any of our branch telephone numbers. We continue to offer a 24 hour, 7 day a week service. Funerals will be arranged by telephone along with emails. Any necessary paperwork that needs to be signed will, where possible, be personally delivered to your home with limited face to face contact.
· Chapel of Rest. We understand the need for family to be able to sit with and say ‘goodbye’ to a loved one and this is still possible with a pre-arranged appointment which we will respectively limit to two persons per visit.
· Transport. We are currently unable to offer a limousine as part of our service. We will be pleased to start from a local home address with our hearse and funeral director, or if you prefer we will meet you at the crematorium or burial ground.
· Floral tributes. Some of our florists have had to close, so we have a very limited selection of fresh flowers available. If you wish we can supply a generic silk coffin spray in spring colours so the coffin is not bare.
· Memorial service. Once restrictions have been lifted we would be pleased to assist you with organising a memorial service where a loved one's life can be remembered/celebrated with family and friends.
You, along with your loved one, remain our priority and we are trying to carry out our role in the community with the care, respect and dignity we have always prided ourselves on.